Hello everyone, my name is Mel Bevan and I am the Communications contact for Heswall U3A. www.u3asites.org.uk/heswall
1. Heswall is situated in the North-West of England on the Wirral Peninsula which lies between the Rivers Dee & Mersey. There is easy access to North Wales and The Lake District. The cities of Chester & Liverpool are a short distance away by car, bus or train. Liverpool and Manchester airports are also easily reached. Heswall has a good variety of shops and restaurants to serve its 9000 or so residents.
2. Our U3A had it's first open meeting in September 2009. We now have almost 350 members paying a membership fee of £12 p.a. plus £1 per visit. There are 7 other U3A's within a 10 mile radius.
3. We have 20+ interest groups ranging from Antiques to Table Tennis.
4. What I like: I like the fact that I was there when the seed of our U3A was sown and I have been able to watch it grow and blossom over the past year.
5. Personal message: Don't just put the U3A into your life, make sure that you put some of your life into your U3A. The U3A relies on people giving their time and sharing their knowledge. Remember, volunteers are priceless, not worthless.