My name is Bob Boyd and I have been a member of Bromley U3A since retiring in 1990. I have enjoyed learning, and helping others with subjects that were not possible to take up during my working life.
1. We are situated in the London Borough of Bromley, and the County of Kent, approximately 13 miles from the centre of London. We border the 'Green Belt' of countryside and the North Downs. The borough has a wealth of history and is famous for its connections with HG Wells and Charles Darwin.
2. At present we have nearly 1,800 members.
3. Our activities cover a wide range of subjects such as Art Appreciation, Computers, Languages, Local Studies, Literature, History, Music and Mathematics. Recreational activities include Golf, Dancing, Walking, Keep-fit and Tennis - to name just a few of our 90 different activities.
4. What I like best is the diversity of subjects, giving one the opportunity to try new things, listen to talks and make social contact with like minded people.
5. A personal message would be "Keep active in your retirement, both in mind and body. We all want to live an active life as long as possible, U3A is your opportunity to do so"